The full form of SSC MTS is Staff Selection Commission Multi Tasking Staff. This examination is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission to select eligible candidates for various posts like:
- Peon (Farash)
- Watchman (Chowkidar)
- Junior Operator
- Gardener (Mali), etc
SSC MTS Exam is an all-India level exam conducted every year to recruit candidates for the posts of multi-tasking staff in the Group-C category of central services and various ministries of the Central Government like Defence, Foreign, Health, etc.
To crack this examination, you need the right guidance and proper study plan that will boost your preparation and help you stay focused until you achieve your dream.
How to complete the syllabus of SSC MTS in 3 months?
If you are thinking of appearing for the exam and you have a short time frame, then you must be wondering how to complete the syllabus of SSC MTS in 3 months. It is difficult to complete the syllabus for SSC MTS in such a short time, but not impossible. To complete the SSC MTS syllabus in just 3 months, you need an effective and strict strategy. In this article, we have mentioned a detailed and proper strategy to crack this examination.
Brief Introduction of SSC MTS Syllabus:
SSC MTS paper consists of four sections. You can get more information on the SSC MTS exam by visiting BYJU’S Exam Prep.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – 25 Questions
- Numerical Aptitude – 25 Questions
- English Language – 25 Questions
- General Awareness – 25 Questions
All four sections should not be covered simultaneously.
Strategy for the first month:
- Start with the Numerical Aptitude & English Language section.
- Buy any standard mathematics book for numerical aptitude, like R.S. Aggarwal, and start solving the problems. Your focus should be on the chapters like:
- Number system
- Time & work
- Profit & Loss
- Time, speed, & distance
- Analyze the previous year’s paper once to get an idea of the type of questions being asked.
- We recommend buying S.P. Bakshi for the English Language section and practicing all the questions.
Strategy for the Second Month
- Start with the General Intelligence & Reasoning and General Awareness sections.
- Buy any standard book for reasoning and start practicing. You should focus on the following chapters:
- Odd one out
- Direction sense
- Blood relations
- Practice by solving the previous year’s questions of reasoning repeatedly.
- For the General Awareness section, we recommend buying Lucent’s General Knowledge and any current affairs magazine.
- The General Awareness section needs more and more revision as we tend to forget this easily.
- Along with these two subjects, you should devote 1-2 hours daily to revising Numerical Aptitude and English Language.
Strategy for the Third Month
- This period should be strictly dedicated to the revision of all the topics that you have studied earlier.
- Focus on the difficult topics and practice them more.
- Solve as many mock test papers as you can.
- Solve at least the previous 10 years’ question papers as the pattern of question is repeated, and it will help you score well in this examination.
SSC MTS Exam important Tips
- Select the right books and limit your study material, or you will get confused if you refer to many books.
- Study for at least 8-10 hours daily.
- Solve the previous years’ papers properly and analyze the type of questions being asked or repeated.
- Revise Revise Revise! All the difficult topics should be revised repeatedly.
- Take the online SSC MTS Mock Tests regularly for one month. This will help you in increasing your accuracy and speed.
- Take short breaks during study hours, and instead of getting stressed, study peacefully and confidently.
Although three months is a very short period, following the above strategy will help you prepare and score well in this examination. You can join BYJU’s Exam Prep to get study material and resources for the SSC MTS examination.
Also Read Interesting Articles At: Business Hunt 360.