Whenever you take a photo with your iPhone, the image is automatically saved to your phone in JPG format if you have a phone that was made prior to the iPhone8 generation.
Any phone that is an iPhone8 or later will save an image as a HEIC/HEIF file. iPhone developed the HEIC/HEIF format in an effort to save space on your phone and the cloud.
For the most part you probably just use your phone’s images without giving much consideration to what file format they’re being saved in.
There are different file formats that provide different benefits. For example, you can convert a photo to PNG online in order to reproduce the image exactly without reducing the quality.
If you convert PNG to JPG iPhone, you’ll see quite a decrease in the quality of the photo.
Before you start converting your images on your iPhone, do a little research on how to convert JPG to PNG on iPhone so the process is done correctly.
We’re going to go through a step-by-step guide with you to ensure you know the right way to complete this process.
How to Convert JPG to PNG on iPhone (and Vice Versa)
Depending on what app or program you’re using for how to convert JPG to PNG on iPhone, the process may vary a bit.
- Download the conversion app you want to use from the App store for how to convert JPG to PNG on iPhone.
- Load your photo into the app.
- Select the PNG conversion option.
- Confirm the conversion.
- Save your new image (as a PNG).
Tools to Use for Converting JPG to PNG
1. JPEG, PNG, Image File Converter
The JPEG, PNG, Image File Converterallows you to convert your images into the PNG format on your iPhone with ease along with how to convert JPG to PNG on iPhone.
It’s convenient if you don’t want to transfer the image to your computer in order to complete the conversion.
- This is a free app with an ad-free version for only 99 cents.
- You can work with images such as JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, TGA, and HEIF.
- You’ll have to deal with some ads if you don’t invest in the paid version.
2. File Converter
You can use image.online-convert.comthis app when learning how to convert JPG to PNG on iPhone, but you can also work with videos, audio, documents, etc. It converts files in the forms of BMP, EPS, GIF, HDR/EXR, ICO, JPG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, WBMP & WebP.
- This is a free Website.
- You have to be connected to the internet or data in order to use this app.
3. The Image Format Converter
The Image Format Converter provides you with options for resizing your images, converting your images, and completing batch conversions. This app supports more than 40 different file types.
- The cost of app is free with an in-app purchase for the removal of ads. Extra features are also available for $2.99.
4. The Image Converter
You can use The Image Converter to convert a JPG to PNG on your iPhone, but you can also work with all major image formats, including JPG, PNG, DOC, DOCX, GIF, PSD, PDF, and TGA to name a few. The conversion is done on the cloud.
- The Image Converter app is free to download and use to convert photo to PNG online, plus other formats.
- You have to be connected to the internet when trying to go through the steps of how to convert JPG to PNG on iPhone.