Are you struggling to have strong WiFi signals throughout your house? If yes, you should install a Netgear router. Don’t know how to do that? Well, don’t worry! We are going to shed some light on different Netgear router setup methods. After going through this post, you get to choose the right method that perfectly aligns with your needs and preference.
Without further ado, let’s get going. You get to choose from WPS, manual, and Nighthawk app to perform Netgear router setup. So, keep reading.
Of all the setup methods, the WPS method is the easiest and most direct. Dive in.
- Choose a wall socket
- Plug your router into the chosen board
- Explore the device
- Hit WPS button
- Move to your modem
- Press the WPS button there as well
- Wait until the process gets completed
As you can see, the WPS method doesn’t take much time to complete. But, to use this method, you should ensure that the host modem is WPS enabled. Without that, you cannot use this method.
We understand if you don’t have WPS enabled modem. In that case, you can easily use the manual method for Netgear router installation.
- Start with unboxing your Netgear router
- Choose the right location for router placement
- Make sure there is no WiFi interference
- Connect the router with the host modem
- You can use a wired or wireless connection for the same
- Open a PC
- Access a web browser on the chosen system
- A laptop can further become useful in case you don’t have a computer
- Enter the default URL in the web browser
- Hit Enter
- Once you have access to a router login page, enter login credentials
- Hit login
- After that, you get access to the Netgear router dashboard
- Make changes if required to set up your device
- Get through the onscreen instructions
After you follow and accept the settings, your device has been installed. Now, you can easily access a strong home WiFi network without any hassle.
Using Nighthawk App
We further understand if you don’t even have a computer or laptop. In that case, you can also use a smartphone. Hence, you get to perform the Nighthawk router setup without any fuzz. Let’s roll further.
- Open your mobile phone
- Download the latest version of the Nighthawk app
- Open and run the app
- Check all the necessary permissions before initiating the Nighthawk router setup
- Once the app becomes stable, enter the login details
- Do not commit even a single mistake while doing so
- After that, you get access to the router dashboard
- Complete the on-screen instructions to complete the process
- That’s it! The configuration is complete
Can’t Setup Netgear Router?
What if you can’t perform a Netgear router setup? Well, that is possible if things are not right from your end. Let’s explore them so that you can get rid of them before initiating the router setup process. Read on.
- The device should get a proper power supply that avoids the router keeps rebooting issue.
- Your Netgear router must be connected to the host modem strongly.
- There must not be any fluctuations in the connection between devices.
- Minimize WiFi interference around the router.
- In case the power supply is fluctuating, install a UPS.
- For a seamless internet connection, ensure you have the best internet package.
- Make sure the device is not physically damaged.
As you can see, different Netgear router setup processes are there for your assistance. Make sure you choose the right one depending on your resources and preference. After the setup, you get a strong home WiFi network.