Gum Boil: Have you ever experienced a boil on the inside of your gum? Well, this is the most painful thing which is uncomfortable and undermine. Sometimes it embarrasses you.
What can you do about this thing which was not present yesterday but now next morning you are experiencing it? How can you get rid of it? In this article, you will get your all answers. So let’s see the details:
These are the bumps on your gum that are filled with pus. Bacteria are the reason for these bumps. When you get these bumps the area becomes more reddish in appearance. Dead nerves in our teeth are noxious and can cause many problems so they must be exuded on time.
Our body’s white blood cells fight against the infection but when these white cells don’t work more and die they pile up in the form of pus on the tip and this leads to forming an abscess.
Types of Gum boil:
There are three types of Gum boil.
- Periapical Abscess
- Periodontal Abscess
- Gingival Abscess
Let’s look at the details one by one.
- Periapical Abscess:
It builds on the tip of the tooth root. As it is present on the tip it creates pressure which causes pain in the tooth and bone. This pain can be minimized by a root canal.
- Periodontal Abscess
When the bacteria grows inside of periodontal pocket then it gives rise to a periodontal abscess. When you don’t treat this type it causes irrecoverable destruction to your other related bones and ligaments which result lead to loss of a tooth.
- Gingival Abscess:
Sometimes when we eat and food particles get stuck in our teeth and they stay in there for days or when bacteria attacks our gums when we have any mouth injury then such abscess is called gingival. When you have this abscess your gums bleed and your mouth smells bad.
Causes of Gum Boil:
There are a few causes of Gum boil.
- Infection caused by the dead nerve.
- Attack of bacteria on your gums
- Food particles lodged beneath the surface of the gum
Symptoms of Gum boil:
- Foul smell
Gum boil Treatment:
- Antibiotics are considered as the 1st option to kill the infection because the boils are beneath the gum line and you can’t reach them directly.
- It can be a big problem if it’s left untreated so it is better to get a root canal for a dying tooth or in more severe cases the tooth must be extracted.
- To reduce the pain dentists clear the pus from the bump so it can heal quickly.
- Good oral hygiene must be adopted as a habit. You shouldn’t use toothpaste that contains such ingredients that can harm your mouth tissue and lead you towards more severe infection.
- Sometimes the poor fitting of dental dentures can cause these issues. The dentist fits them to avoid further infections.
- Don’t use tobacco
- Quit smoking
- Visit the dentist twice a year
- Visit a dentist if you see any infection
- Avoid using sweet products
People who are more likely to get Gum Boils:
- People who have a weak immune system and suffer from mouth ulcers and bacterial infections are likely to get boils.
- Tooth rotting can cause these boils. So people whose tooth decay have more chances of getting them.
- The person who already has gum problems is more vulnerable to getting gum boils.
This article was all about Gum Boil: Types, Causes & Treatment. When you get any infection related to your gums visit your dentist as soon as possible and avoid using home remedies.
Visit Here Also businesshunt360.com for more Informative Blogs.