Tulum is a charming little town located on the coastlines of the Caribbean Sea on the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. This town is famous for its attractive beaches and perfectly preserved remains of the Ancient Port City during the Mayan people’s times. Every year, thousands of tourists from all parts of the world visit Tulum to enjoy its natural beauty and breathtaking ocean views and to indulge in adventure activities.
So, here are some of the most important things you must know while planning a trip to Tulum.
What is the best way to reach Tulum?
You need to remember that there is no airport in this town. So you will have to fly to the nearest airport and travel further to reach Tulum. The neighboring airport to Tulum is Cancun International Airport. After landing in Cancun, the visitors must reserve Cancun airport transportation to Tulum to reach the town without discomfort.
What is the best mode of transportation to go to Tulum from Cancun?
Booking a private service is the most efficient way to reach Tulum from Cancun. The private transportation service will drop you off exactly at your booked hotel’s doors without inconvenience. Almost all travelers from Cancun to Tulum prefer private transfer services.
The best way to get to Tulum from Playa del Carmen is by booking a private service. This might be a little expensive, but it ensures safety and comfort. If you are a little tight on your budget, you can also take a minibus that keeps on shuttling people from Playa del Carmen to Tulum. These mini-buses run when the seats are full, and they generally get full quickly. It will take around an hour to reach Tulum from Playa del Carmen.
How to find the best hotels to stay in Tulum?
Hotels play a great role in making your trip comfortable, safe, and memorable. So, you need to do a little digging while booking a hotel whenever you are on a trip. Tulum is a small town, but it is flooded with the best hotels that offer top-class service, lush amenities, and great ambiance. So, choosing the best one can be a little tricky. To help the tourists, here is a list of the best five hotels in the town. You can choose anyone to make your vacation efficient and relaxing.
- Sanara – This charming property is located on the Tulum beach, housing the best villas, suites, and jungle-pool rooms.
- Tulum Treehouse – Created by the most creative minds, it is an oasis on the forest side of the Tulum Beaches. The hotel’s architecture is like a celebration of modern Mexican interior creativity.
- Hotel Bardo – Another forest-located accommodation with lush amenities and regular ceremonies like yoga sessions and sound healing rituals.
- Olas Tulum – It is a gorgeous beach bungalow near the Sian Kaan Biosphere Reserve featuring eight suites. This place is delightfully secluded from the crowd and noise of the town which makes it much more charming to its visitors.
- Holistika – Located right in the heart of the forest, this boutique resort offers a peaceful and relaxing stay to tourists from all parts of the world.
I Hope, this guide will help you plan a fun, safe, and exciting trip to Tulum.