4 Signs You Should Get a Restraining Order Against Your Partner

Restraining Order

A restraining order is an official court order that prohibits a person from harassing, stalking, or threatening another individual. There are a variety of ways to obtain a restraining order. Some of them include first-hand knowledge of abuse and harassment by your partner, threats to commit harm to your property, and third-party protection from your significant other. You can learn more about restraining orders by consulting a divorce lawyer.

It is possible to get a restraining order if you meet any requirements defined by law and there is enough supporting evidence. The judge can decide to grant or deny your application during the emergency hearing.

We will now see into the 4 signs for you to get a restraining order against your partner.

  • Your partner has abused you or your children

If your partner has hurt you or your children physically or emotionally through any form of abuse, this is enough grounds for a restraining order against your partner. You need to provide evidence, such as photos and hospital bills, which will help you make your case strong in court. Such evidence will also help you easily get a restraining order.

  • Your partner has threatened you or your children

Your partner has threatened to hurt you or your children. If this situation occurs and you believe that your partner is serious about hurting you or your children, the best thing to do will be to get a restraining order against them right away. A restraining order will not only protect you but also your children from any form of harm.

  • Your partner destroyed your property or your family’s property

If your partner has destroyed any property that belongs to you or your family, this is a good reason to get a restraining order against them. And if you can provide evidence of the destruction, such as photos and receipts, it will make your case stronger in court. It is possible that if you involve the police in this incident, they might arrest your partner temporarily and might get them to pay for the damages done.

  • Your partner is seriously annoying or harassing you

If you have been harassed or annoyed by your partner, it is possible to get a restraining order against them immediately. You need to provide evidence that will help you to make your case stronger in court. In such a case, it is possible that the judge might grant you a restraining order against them.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here